Jul 23, 2008

Thrifty. Creative. Healthy.

I told Hubby the other day, if I could choose my blog "personality", this would be it. Thrifty. Creative. Healthy. Any activity that allows me to be a combination of these qualities makes me come alive! Recently, it's come out in a renewed passion to find and create healthy meals. For dinner AND lunch. (Is lunch boring at anyone else's house??) I'm still working on the lunch options...more to come on that later.

As for dinner, tonight we had a Pesto and Veggie Pizza with a whole wheat crust. It was delicious!! Except I would add more pesto...that's the kind of girl I am. You can never have enough pesto. Here's the link to the recipe and crust. I made a few additions, such as red peppers, chicken, and mushrooms.

Pesto and Veggie Pizza
Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

6 comments:

  1. Yum yum!!!! I would love a bite of that pizza!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I'll have to try that WW crust...it looks tender.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pizza looks so tasty! Your girls are adorable...I think Malia looks like a little like Jenni! She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love making homemade pizza! i usually make a 1/2 whole wheat, 1/2 white flour dough in a bread machine...sometimes 100% whole wheat dough is too dense, hard to roll out. i think it's awesomely hilarious that you take pictures of your food! the pics are great, though...they look like straight out of martha stewart living!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious! I love your description of what makes you come alive...I totally resonate with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your pizza looks yummy! i usually cave in and buy a crust, but you've inspired me to make my own. can't wait!

    ReplyDelete