Aug 15, 2008

Fun Find.


I woke up at 5:30 today with #2 and decided I had time to give these a try. I don't normally fix breakfast, by the way. I got a free trial of Healthy Cooking magazine (which I will keep) and this recipe was in it. They were wonderful! It uses some whole wheat flour and banana instead of oil, which makes them healthier. However...I was shocked to discover that biscuit/baking mix has fat in it??? And quite a bit. I felt somewhat deceived. I never knew. So next time I may just try flour instead of the biscuit mix. But these were soft and the banana and cinnamon made a great flavor.

Honey Wheat Pancakes
1 1/2 c. baking mix
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. wheat germ
1 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
2 T. honey

Mix dry. Mix wet. Mix together just until moistened. Pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle coated with cooking spray. You know the rest. (I didn't have wheat germ so used more whole wheat flour instead.)

3 comments:

  1. Are you serious? Your making the frozen waffle mom feel guilty, those look delicious, and Im not even a pancake fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eeka! I wanted to let you know that I have a recipe for a substitute baking mix. No trans fats (assuming you use a shortening that has no trans fats, which they make). Let me know if you want it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more comment....I like the look of your blog. How'd you get it??

    ReplyDelete