Aug 13, 2008

Lunch Options Anyone?


As I mentioned earlier, I'm trying to come up with some healthy, convenient lunch options. In googling ideas, some version of this "freezer burrito" came up several times. I tweaked what I saw to make it what I wanted, but here is the general idea. All in all, a great lunch idea. Fairly healthy and easy to make ahead and reheat. It would get old if I ate it every day, so I'd like to make a bunch of different things and keep them all in the freezer, so we could have options. I NEED A DEEP-FREEZE! If only we had room. :)

5 comments:

  1. so, what changes did you make to this recipe? I'm thinking maybe whole wheat tortillas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few less beans, more corn, whole wheat tortillas, salsa instead of can of diced tomatoes, I just used the amount of water the package of brown rice specified (not necessarily the 4 c. it suggested), and I added some spices (cumin, chili powder, taco seasoning, garlic powder). I think that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah, and a little less cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes my bierocks to leave in the freezer for these types of occasions. You can tailor the ingredients to your liking...regular beef/cabbage, pizza, reuben, etc. Oh, I don't make my own dough either, just those frozen rolls.

    ReplyDelete