Aug 10, 2008

Okay...so I'm not a cake decorater.

I guess I should post about my not-so-successful attempts along with the successes. I had high hopes for Malia's 2-Year Birthday Cake (which by the way was her first dessert EVER to eat in her life...yes we kept refined sugar away from her for two years...we're strange, I know.) Anyway, you gotta admit Larry looks pretty sad. It's okay, you can admit it. I got a kick out of it myself.

In addition to the cake fiasco, it rained ALL day, forcing us to cancel Malia's swim party with all her little friends. I was bummed. But really in the end, it didn't matter. Malia had a great time with cousins, aunts, uncles, Grandma and Grandpa; and she got to go to the library, one of her favorite places. So...not quite the birthday we had planned, but Malia was happy anyway.

By the way, the first bite of cake Malia ate was also her last. She literally froze when she put it in her mouth and said "UH OH!" After many seconds passed, she looked at Hubby and said "Daddy eat," which meant she was finished. Yes! Maybe all the withholding of sweets paid off!


4 comments:

  1. I think the cake looks great. Much better than I would have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Malia! Erika the cake looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:36 PM

    Happy belated Birthday Malia Joy! You're getting so big! We need to have a playdate with you and Jas soon--he sure loves you! Eeka, the cake is adorable! Wish my kids only wanted one bite of cake ! Love ya--Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:20 PM

    Your cake was so cute--bravo!

    Anne R.

    ReplyDelete