Sep 5, 2008

Addendum to Previous Post

The onset of fall has got me thinking about the seasons of life. Unlike a lot of midwest residents, I like living in a place with four seasons. There's something great about the novelty of each new season. Sure, I get eager for some to pass. But if we didn't have that season, the beginning of the next wouldn't be nearly as wonderful! If that season just always WAS, we would never get to experience that tingly anticipation of what is to come!

It reminds me of a C.S. Lewis quote that Hubby has shared with me.
"The pain now is part of the happiness then."

Isn't it true that joy wouldn't BE if we didn't have pain? If life just WAS one thing all the time, we wouldn't know that something was GOOD, or better than something different. So fall has made me think about joy and pain.

Oh, and just for kicks...here's another Lewis quote:
"You don't have a soul. You ARE a soul. You have a body."

3 comments:

  1. I agree Zom, If we didn't have winter, spring wouldn't be special at all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE having four different seasons. I anticipate each one. Winter = Christmas and family. Fall = birthdays and football and funn. spring = growth and beautiful weather. Summer = freedom and vacations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree 100%! With each season comes so many memories. I can't imagine living anywhere else...a winter w/o snow...football without chilly weather and chili...would be too weird for me!! I love KANSAS weather.

    ReplyDelete