Sep 24, 2008

My First Ever Trip to the Farmers' Market.

I've wanted to go the Local Farmer's Market for SOOOO long. I mean really long. I like the idea of supporting local farmers, but it's hard to fit it into the "normal" shopping routine. At any rate, I went today with the girls. My purchase....

fresh okra...

which became fried okra and potatoes (a Nate favorite).

Add some BBQ pork (from my parents) and that was our dinner. Yum!

My first Farmers' Market trip was enjoyable. Malia was even given a free sliced up apple to snack on. It was REALLY hard to resist the homemade cookies the size of your head!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh. I would love the okra/potato recipe! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the farmer's market! We once got a kohlrabi the size of our head. Looks like a fine purchase- and meal!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love to go to the farmer's market. I'm so glad ours goes until December!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ditto on the recipe! :-) We are so excited to see you all this weekend! We can't wait! Kenton talks about it constantly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the top picture with Malia in the background, holding an okra like it's "her precious". :)

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend with family!

    ReplyDelete