Sep 25, 2008

Per Request.

Here is the simple but tasty Fried Okra and Potato Recipe. Thank you Mama Sapp.

Cut up in small pieces: some okra. some potato. (Last night I used about 20 okra, I think, and two large potatoes.) Coat them with corn meal, salt, and pepper in a bag. Fry in oil in a large skillet. Try not to put in more than will cover the bottom of the skillet at one time. The amount I made took two batches. Yummy!!

But be careful with the hot oil. I am really bad at frying on the stovetop. I can never get the temperature of the oil just right and usually end up splattering oil all over my wall, floor, etc. It happened again last night - yikes!

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm! Sounds great! Thanks for posting. Now I just need to find somewhere that sells okra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie - I've used frozen okra before and it works pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great. I'm not good with hot oil either. I've been meaning to purchase a splatter shield.

    http://www.nextag.com/splatter-screen/search-html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can add onions if you like as well. It is good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm making tonight! Yummm.

    ReplyDelete