Nov 5, 2008

Have you Ever Had Posole?

I hadn't. My only assoication with it was hearing Mrs. Rossini on "Who's the Boss" talk about making posole. Wasn't "Who's the Boss" the greatest show???

I found this recipe when looking for crock-pot recipes. It's a keeper! I think posole was originally made with pig head meat. More modern recipes use pork loin, like this one. This had a wonderful flavor! We'll definitely make again.

Minor changes I made: used less water. Added cabbage (which other versions called for and I had on hand). Left out onions (ew). Left out oil (not needed). Added cumin.

Slow-Cooker Posole

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm. Sounds delicious. I printed off the recipe. Don't remember this from WTB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for new crockpot recipes...thanks! Really, no onions for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete