Nov 26, 2008

Tis the season

for being thankful?

"...give thanks in all circumstances..." 1 Thess. 5:18

This is a challenging teaching. All circumstances. Why is it that in the "off-season" I'm sometimes more geared to see what I have to not be thankful for? I wish my Thanksgiving reflections were more of the norm. That I wouldn't spend too much time fretting over what isn't "thanks-worthy". Hah. Nice phrase I just made up. :)

Last night as I settled into bed after a very fussy Josie night, I had the fleeting thought "What if my husband died?" Ahh! Do you ever have these random thoughts pop into your head? I don't know why I do. Instant thankfulness.

Anyway...I'm thankful. I can't think of a better family to be a part of. The Lord has faithfully taken care of us. Each day brings depth and life to this journey of knowing and loving Him.

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful for you, E. So incredibly thankful that some day, I'll put it into words but I'm not sure that they'll do it justice. Love you!

    ReplyDelete