Dec 6, 2008

The view from my lap.


Does anybody really enjoy seam-ripping? I've heard some say that it's kind of theraputic for them. I'm not one of those people. I really don't enjoy ripping out a seam that I just spent time sewing. However, I will say, there was something rather invigorating about sitting near the window light with this quilt made from scraps (plus a little extra from Wal-Mart) that I'm making for Malia on my lap. I love making something much from little.

I hit a snag in the whole process, as it is the first time I've machine-quilted. My grandmother has always graciously hand-stitched the other quilts I've made for my babies, but this time I decided 1)not to bother her, and 2)that I would like to do it all myself. Well, it's proven to be more difficult than I expected (thus the seam-ripping).

However, I am nearing the end and am actually quite excited about the end-product. Hopefully, end product pictures will soon follow. :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:02 PM

    I love the quilt, Erika! I'm wanting to do a little project for S for Christmas and my machine is broken--I might have to come visit you for a couple hrs some day. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so excited to finally have a post about the quilt! I must admit every time I see you have a new post I quickly click here to see if it is a quilt update - I wanted to ask about it but was trying to be paitent. :)
    I LOVE IT! Can't wait to see it all done and on the bed - how pretty!

    ReplyDelete