Jan 16, 2009

Wintery Days.

I don't mind winter. Okay, except for starting up a car in butt-cold weather. And waiting for the car to heat up as you drive. That's not pleasant. But in general, I like the cozy-ness of winter and seem to have a relatively high tolerance for it compared to others. Hubby is already talking of spring, and who can blame him? But me? I enjoy the smug days...the warm fires we've been lighting almost every evening...the oven-baked goodness that I just can't resist making.

However, our house is cold. We try to keep the heat at a lower temp to save money and our house is a little drafty, so in the mornings especially, whoo, I'm cold. This was my solution this morning, as I made up some biscuits and gravy (Hubby's idea - a good one:).

6 comments:

  1. Is that a T-shirt quilt?? I have one of those and it is my all time favorite blanket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum ... biscuits and gravy! Did you put that recipe in the staff cookbook? :) Please give me a call next week if you need a break time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need one of those Snuggie Blankets with sleeves that they advertise on TV. You are talented enough you could probably make one yourself. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:31 AM

    How did you make a t-shirt quilt? I was thinking about making one... =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous...tell me who you are :) and I will email you about how I made it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erika! I have been wanting to make a t-shirt quilt and someone (I can't really remember who) had said you had one, and gave me this link. =) How did you make that? Just a question. Thanks!

    ~Erica Anderson

    ReplyDelete