Mar 11, 2009

Stovetop Fun.

When Malia emptied her play-dough onto the table today it came out in hard, crusty pieces. Time to get some fresh play-dough. Perfect time to try making some! This was my mom's recipe...the stuff I played with. It smelled exactly like I remember! Isn't that weird how the second you smell it, all those memories come back??

1 c. flour
1/2 c. salt (I ran out and used some kosher - worked fine)
2 T. cream of tartar
1 T. oil
1 c. water
food coloring - add in with water

Mix up in pot. Cook over stovetop, stirring constantly until it pulls away from pot and makes a ball around the spoon. This was so easy and was done very quickly!




5 comments:

  1. My mom used to make our playdough with this recipe as well. I remember the smell, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun day! I remember making this recipe growing up as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malia, we can't wait to play with you ALL WEEK! Love you, sweetie! Gail and kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. what's the difference between "Alum" and "cream of tartar"? benson and i just made playdough but mine called for "alum".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erica7:06 PM

    I made this exact recipe over the summer with my class at the daycare! It is so fun to make! ;) Those pictures are great! Have a great rest of the week! :)

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete