Apr 13, 2009

Easter Eggs

How do Easter eggs relate to the resurrection? I'm not entirely sure. An egg symbolizes new life. That much I've got figured out. Beyond that, it's a little fuzzy.

Nonetheless, we had wonderful time at Grandma and Grandpa's house with cousins, decorating and hunting eggs. We also got to celebrate Kenton's one-year birthday, but for some reason we forgot to bring our camera to that event. Bummer. The days were busy and full of delicious food. We all loved it.

Sorry I got a little crazy with the pictures. I just couldn't stop.









I tried to take a picture of the girls in their dresses. Malia was doing so well at standing and holding Josie's hand. But Josie just kept taking off. I liked her face on this one.

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I'm glad you took a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! Josie is your adventurous daughter...who knows where she will end up as she takes off in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pics were great!! Miss and love you and all your family.

    Looney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures once again. I especially loved the one of Malia proudly holding out her egg.

    In case you're really curious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg

    Long story short: The egg is a leftover from the pagan springtime festival that has merged with Easter over the centuries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeks, loved all the pics!! Thanks for trying on the picture of them in their dresses! I totally feel you on those failed attempts. :) Looks like you all had a really fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun pictures. I have such great memories of holidays with my cousins :) - your girls will have the same

    ReplyDelete