Apr 28, 2009

Here's the Birthday Girl.

Thanks, family, for coming to celebrate this little girl!
Getting ready to get messy.

This is our standard first-year "birthday cake". Very-low-in-refined-sugar-Strawberry Shortcake. :)

I wish I could convey to you how excited Josie was about her gift. As soon as the first hole was made in the wrapping paper, all she could do was reach and whine for the doll she saw inside, which unfortunately was strapped so tight to the box that it took several minutes to get out. Josie could barely contain herself. She whined, she pulled, she shook her hands, she was all over Daddy as he worked as fast as he could. Finally...she could hold that doll.

7 comments:

  1. Oh--wish you had a video of that! What a big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is a year old already. She's growing up too fast!! Adorable pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness...I can't stop smiling! She is precious! And I love the "1" candle in the pile of shortcake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetheart. The picture with the doll was priceless. Happy Birthday, Josie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh josie ... i secretly tried to keep her in the nursery so i could have her all to myself. she's growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee8:24 AM

    Wonderful pictures! I love the look on her face when she finally could hold the doll! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe she's one already. Happy Birthday, Josie. (and really cute haircut, Erika)

    ReplyDelete