May 2, 2009

Tis the season...

...for Garage Sales and Farmers' Markets! I have long anticipated this season and celebrated its onset yesterday and today by meandering through some sales. I came home with these two gems (the second obviously from a Farmers' Market, not a garage sale - it will make for a yummy dinner).


The girls are just thrilled about the tape recorder. Oh the memories I have with my siblings of fiddling with our little tape recorder growing up. Nolan and Rod, I'm remembering a little recording called (ahem...) "Gas it Up." Nice.

Where was I? Yes, they love it. Perhaps a little too much. You might say they have a ways to go in learning the "taking turns" concept. You'll see what I mean.

I love watching how in the video Josie knows exactly what to do by watching Malia. And she is totally aware when she isn't getting the result she wants (hearing herself through the speaker) and tries to "fix" it until she gets what she wants. Love that little girl and her little engineering brain.

4 comments:

  1. I so love your videos. Josie had me cracking up as she was shouting in the mic.

    What a great toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Ah, sharing. It's fun to watch Josie. She looks a lot like a walking Sophia, lots of the same mannerisms, same whining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:23 AM

    LOVE it!!! I can't wait to get Elli and Josie together. They seem so similar. They even sound the same when life falls apart. It could be fun or maybe a little stressful! It will be fun to see what these girls conquer! Love ya, Auntie Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:32 AM

    Just showed Ethan the video . . . he laughed through it all. Then he went to get Elli and said "you wanna watch Josie being you?" No prompting on my part. :) We love you!!! Auntie Jenni

    ReplyDelete