Jun 14, 2009

Farmly Reunion.

Yes, FARMly, not to be confused with FAMily. My mom and her siblings planned a family reunion for her side of the family. Just her siblings, their kids (me and my cousins,) and our kids. It's a big family. (Not everyone could make it.)

As the name indicates, and staying in line with the family roots, there was a "farm" theme. Complete with wheelbarrow races...

stick pony races...


storybook time in the playhouse...

cattle roundup (a.k.a. an easter egg hunt with cows instead of eggs)...

and the "Grandpa Opry" where family members took turns entertaining the others on the back patio. (This was taken just before the show began.)

Different families prepared different meals. The Farwells (mine) were in charge of Saturday's lunch.

There were children's crafts on the back patio.


Things I didn't get a picture of include:
rides on Grandpa's remodeled Model A truck.
rides on Granspa's Oliver tractor.
swimming in the cow tank.
rope swings.
homemade ice cream.
a weiney roast.

I have many memories of playing with all of my cousins at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I really love my family. You might gather from this post that they're not afraid to be a little dorky at times, but I guess that's what I like about them. Although keeping track of herds of children and cooking seemed to be the central activities at any given moment, I did grab a few moments to catch up with some cousins and aunts. (Not as much as I would have liked. :() People came from many states, so we don't get to see each other that often anymore.

And finally, the product of the weekend...

Two tuckered out little girls and blistered feet.
I was actually really proud of Malia for getting out there and participating! (She's usually a little timid.) She let the big boys splash her in the pool, she played in dirt and rocks, took part in races, and ran around barefoot!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful, Eeka! You have fun reunions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun! What a great group and great memories, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:16 PM

    I loved the farmly reunion pictures! It was fun to try to pick out what families they all belonged to. Your family has sure grown! Sure love them all! Lois

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like SO much fun! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great memories! It looks like Nanette has adapted to having 4 daughters helping out in the kitchen! :) Did Nolan contribute any of his specialties? Glad it was a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops...posted on the wrong entry...anyway...that story is fantastic. those little ones of yours will remember that forever!

    ReplyDelete