Jul 14, 2009

For All You Meat and Potato Fans...

We've had this recipe for dinner twice in a row, using up lots of potatoes (some of which were homegrown by Hubby's grandpa). It's so simple, but we ate it up. The key, I think, was that the ground beef was not from the store, but directly from the meat plant my Dad's beef is processed at. If you've never had meat this way, oh my you should try it. Here is the recipe:

Hamburger-Potato Hash
1 lb. ground beef
onion (I left out-ew)
diced carrots
1 lbs. potatoes (I just eyeballed - probably did more than that.)
2 T. or 2 cubes beef bouillan
1 c. water
worcestershire sauce (just a bit)
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 t. garlic
(I also added fresh green beans or those long skinny frozen ones.)

Brown hamburger, onion, and carrots until hamburger is about half done. Drain most of the grease. Add sliced potatoes and green beans; brown over medium/high heat. When potatoes are halfway cooked, add garlic, water (with dissolved bouillon inside), salt and pepper, and worcestershire sauce. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked and water is (almost) gone.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm that sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh--I might make that tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete