Jul 9, 2009

We Reap!



Our first zucchini harvest! That was 3 nights ago. Then last night we got 4 more. Here is a recipe I tried and would recommend:

Cocoa-Zucchini Bread

2 c. sugar (I used less.)
3 eggs
1 c. oil
2 c. grated zucchini
1/2 c. milk
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. nuts (not for me)
1/2 c. chocolate chips
3 c. flour
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/4 c. cocoa

Blend sugar, eggs, and oil. Stir in zucchini. Add milk, vanilla, and dry ingredients. Fold thoroughly. Stir in chips and nuts. Pour into greased and floured loaf pans (2 large or 3 small). Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
*From the most recent Bern cookbook.
**We eat this for dessert. :)

5 comments:

  1. Yay for harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love zucchini bread! I have a fantastic recipe for zucchini "crab" cakes (there's really no crab in it). If you want it let me know. Oh....didn't you say you wanted a bread recipe too? Or was that someone else??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Malia said "Thank you God for Zuteeny!" SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rejoicing with you in the harvest! Have you ever tried zuchini relish? I used to make that by the pot full and can it. Your recipe is one I need to try. Looking forward to more harvest from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone in the family loves this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete