Aug 7, 2009

3.

Hubby working 7:00am - 9:00pm + me dealing with abundant garden produce + getting ready for a weekend away + preparing for Malia's birthday = no posting lately.

But today was Malia's party (celebrated early, since we'll be at a very special wedding on THE day:) so I wanted to share some birthday fun! We like the homemade gifts around this house. I think Malia liked them too. :)


Little sister modeling the head bandanas.


This is her "library" bag, to hold all of her books. My favorite thing about the homemade gifts was that I didn't have to buy a single thing for them. I had all the fabric from previous projects or from garage sales. (The bag was made out of a placemat set.)

We also got her a few more mature art supplies and a table runner so we can set up a little art center at the table and not worry about a mess.

Happy Birthday Malia! My little girl is turning into a big kid! With scrapes on her knees, a longer looking body, and a lot of stories to tell and songs to sing!

4 comments:

  1. I think one of the biggest gifts you can give her will be this very blog.

    I cannot believe Malia's 3 years old already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be honest and tell you that I thought the title of your blog meant something else... :)

    (Tell me if you need me to decode that at all)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Malia! You know, every morning, I still where that handkerchief you made for me way back in the days of ministry team. :)

    You should check out Soulemama.com (spelling may be off!) She has a couple of books that I know you would love! I think they are called "Handmade Home" and "The creative family"

    Have fun being out of town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative and inspiring!!!! I wish I'd made those gifts!

    ReplyDelete