Sep 14, 2009

Bye-bye Blinds.

Remember way back when I posted that I was inspired to do some re-decoration in my living room? Okay, it is finally finished. My goal was to create as much as I could with things I already had. That was challenging. I liked it. I definitely didn't make everything without buying some things, but I was pleased with how much I discovered I could do if I really settled to use what I had.

End results were: new curtains to replace the vertical blinds in front of our sliding door, a lap quilt displayed on the wall (team-made by me and my grandma; I pieced, she quilted; enlarge the picture and see each of those tiny stitches she did by hand), two ink pieces, an acrylic piece, some black and whites of the girls, and some house plants.






Remember this plant? If you click to the previous post (up above), you'll see a picture of it in all it's glory. I loved it! I killed it!! I'm so sad. I do not have the touch for house plants. I am hoping that I can nurse it back to life, but truthfully, I don't have the first clue about what to do. Any suggestions?? On a positive note, I do have a jade and an aloe that are surviving.

6 comments:

  1. I don't know about plants either, but the curtains, quilt and art look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that quilt hanger, it looks great there on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do remember! and i'm so impressed! did you do the drawings??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good! Love the curtain material! Now you need to come to my house and help me!! Celebrating with you accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done an amazing job!!! And what fun to use what you had. Okay, there is dispute in our house . . . is the artwork yours? Love ya, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes to clarify, the artwork is mine.

    ReplyDelete