Oct 13, 2009

Green.



Most know I am a Ted Dekker fan. A few years ago, I first read "Three", then a bunch of others, including "The Circle Trilogy" ("Black", "Red", and "White"). The Trilogy books are some of my favorite books to date. (Those, and The Space Trilogy by C.S. Lewis. In both of these trilogies the authors share their theology through a fictional reality, different from our own. I guess I like that kind of thing.)

The Circle Trilogy also incorporates plot twists, etc. that I find enjoyable. Do I agree with all of his theology? Hmmm...I think I can accurately say that I agree with most of it. My favorite thing is how, through metaphors in a fictional world, he gives images that portray how good and evil affect a person. It led to much deep thought for me. And still, when thinking about how sin affects my life, my mind remembers images from these books.

So, lo and behold, just a couple of months ago "Green" was released. I currently have it checked out from our library and am half way through. And let me tell you, it is good. (I'll let you know if I agree when I'm done.) It is tagged as "the beginning and the end" of the Circle Trilogy. Book Zero.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. From the time that I finished the Trilogy to now, I've read a number of other Dekker books (nine to be exact) that also are connected to the Circle Trilogy. It's been like finding puzzle pieces to the greater story and trying to figure out how they all fit together. And I am into it! So now, Green is here. And there are two more books yet to be released that also are a part of the story.

Am I crazy for devoting this much time to a story?? Perhaps. :) And just so you know, Dekker claims that any mini-series (within the whole series) can be read separately. I'm sure he's right. But I submit that if you start, you will not want to be finished.

I own "Black" if anyone wants to start. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just read my first Ted Dekker book "Blink" and loved it. Thanks for all the other suggestions- I was wondering where to start...

    ReplyDelete