Feb 23, 2010

Recipe Search.

Okay. One change I'd like to make to our family's diet is to eat more beans and lentils.
Biggest obstacle...
I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO COOK WITH THESE THINGS!!
It's the fear of the unknown.
I just can't quite imagine that cooking with these things will be as tasty as meat.
I'm pretty sure it will end up bland.

But I'd like to try.  I've searched a bit online, but don't want to try a ton that are LAME.
So, if you have a lentil or bean recipe that you like, would you mind leaving a comment with a link to it or just writing it out?

Amanda, I have your lentil taco recipe on hand, ready to try!!  It looks promising :)

*The other change I think I'm going to make = no more Crisco or margarine.  We're going all butter, baby.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Lentil Tacos...how I love thee! It really is my favorite way to eat lentils. I also tried a really yummy recipe (sounds wierd but stick with me) called sweet potato burritoes. You put this bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes in a tortilla, seriously delicious! You can look it up at allrecipes.com I just got a new cook book and I have several vegetarian recipes lined up to try. If you want I could let you know how they turn out. Post any good recipes you come across too! We can branch out together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've completely stopped using margarine and crisco too. All butter, olive oil, and canola oil.

    The only beans I've ever made is The pioneer Womans pinto beans, a navy bean soup made with chicken broth and bacon (have you boycotted bacon? :) and black beans with rotel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. who can boycott bacon? vegetarians can't even boycott bacon. I love butter, and am glad you're going there. I don't cook much with beans either. I did make some sort of mexican layered "lasagna" with beans. It was pretty good and was an entry on the old blog. i'll try to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending a few recipes your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diddo on the butter-better the all natural way in moderate consumption. I do have a corn and black bean recipe that makes a great side dish. I'll have to look it up when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sending some recipes your way as well... let me know if you come up with some good ones!

    ReplyDelete