Aug 5, 2010

Josie's Quilt

I've made a baby quilt for both the girls and a full-size quilt for Malia's bed.
Now that Josie is sleeping on the bottom bunk of the big girl bed (not sure if I mentioned that or not), she needs a full-size quilt of her own!

The bunk bed quilts have been a different style than the baby quilts.  They have more of the "tied" look, whereas the baby ones had the "hand quilted all over by my Grandma" look.  While I would love to do this for the big ones, I just don't want to ask too much of my sweet Grandma.  Thus...the tied quilts.  

You may remember Malia's a while ago.

I'm SO excited about Josie's.
The top right fabric was given to me by my mom-in-law.
The striped I bought today for about $7.
The beige I had left over.
The flowered you may remember from here.  It's a sheet set.  I still have lots of it.
I already have the cotton batting and the back will be a flat sheet from a sheet set of ours that got a hole in it.
I don't even need any more thread.  So...$7.  I can handle that for a full-size quilt.


I'm just in the cutting phase.  I'll let you see the finished product later.
Hopefully it doesn't take too long, because in 3 1/2 weeks, we'll know the gender of Little Number 3.
Then it will be another baby quilt!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That will be so sweet! I'm so excited to see the finished product! I just love making things for my kids, too...I have to restrain myself A LOT now that I have a fabric shop! :) If I'm not careful, I'll end up using it all myself!

    ReplyDelete