Sep 6, 2010

House Update

We've come a long way since the hole in the ground.
Left is the garage.
Right is the porch and front door.

A view from the inside.
Not that you can see anything yet, but I'm standing in the big open room that will serve as the living, dining, and kitchen area.
Beyond that is the mudroom.
Beyond that is the master bedroom.
On the left is a bathroom and beyond that is the kids' rooms.

One of the things I'm most excited about: the large kitchen window.
The view will be better without the large trash receptacle and pile of dirt.

Another favorite thing: a bay window that will have a seat.
We want lots of natural light.

And here is the kitchen cabinet door sample that arrived the other day. :)
A rustic hickory wood, painted the color "tarragon", with a heavy rub-through.
These will just be the upper cabinets.  The lower ones will be a "fruitwood" stained hickory.

It's fun to see some tangible images of the things I've been visualizing in my head for so long.


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, friend. I'm so happy for you and can already imagine the next KGR at your house? Yes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting pictures! What fun to see things coming together! And I like the cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I can't believe it is already that far along! Can't wait to see it done! (Love the cabinets by the way!) =)

    ReplyDelete