Oct 10, 2010

Pumpkins and 4-Wheelers

Grandma took us to Renyer's Pumpkin Patch this weekend while we were home for a visit!
It was a great place - the first time I had been there.

After conquering the Tractor Wheel Mountain...

Riding the Horse Tire Swings...

Turkeys, chickens, goats, sheep, ponies, a donkey, baby pigs, and a calf.
There was a really cool crank rigged up that kids could put grain in and send up to a goat who was waiting to eat it at the top of his pen.

Riding the "train", clutching their corn cobs...

and the John Deere trikes...

Waiting for our hay rack ride through the field to start...

Milking the cow...

and an attempt at climbing trees.
Malia thought she was pretty big stuff just getting her feet off the ground!

Playing in corn in the grain bin...

We ended the day later at the farm (my Dad's, not Renyer's) with the girls' first 4-wheeler ride.  If it had been up to me, we would have done this long ago, but this was the first time they were brave enough.
No, I didn't let Malia drive.  This was a staged photo.

Even Daddy, who was working hard for us all day shooting a wedding got to come ride with us after he got home.  I think Mommy had as much fun as the girls did.
Although Malia kept hugging and kissing my arm saying "Thank you Mommy for taking us on this ride.  It is soooo fun!!"  "This is really fun!"  "I love this ride, Mommy!"  Over and over again.  Her eyes were so big and she loved it when we went "fast".

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a fun weekend!!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. That is where you were this morning! We missed you! It looks like you had so much fun! All of those pictures were so great! =) Can't wait to hear what the girls say about it on wednesday! Can't wait to hear it from you either! =) See you wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun trip! I love this time of year b/c I get to see if people call it a 'hayrack ride' or 'hayride.' Luke and I have had this debate for years. He's a city kid and doesn't know what he's talking about!! Hayrack ride wins again!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos. I love the last one of you driving the four wheeler. :) Looks like a great time with special memories made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:13 PM

    Looks like SO much fun! Glad you had a good weekend visit. AND... pretty sure my tummy is bigger than yours, and I'm only 3 months along! :) Looking good, are you feeling good? Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gma Farwell11:26 PM

    Yep, fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah Bern. how i miss you. Hi Farwells! I haven't seen you in so long and I miss you too! So, I'm using Erika's blog to communicate with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Grandma! Looks like fun was had by all!

    ReplyDelete