Much later, than I had anticipated, but it's done. And I'm pleased with how it turned out.
I love it because 4 of the 5 fabrics involved were pieces from other things:
1) the little yellow flower print, given to me by my mom-in-law
2) the off-white fabric, left over from Malia's quilt
3) the big flower print, left from a $4 sheet set I got from a second-hand store
4) the back of the quilt, a sheet whose fitted partner got a hole, rendering it unusable
I bought a yard and a half of the striped print to go along with it. So it truly is pieces put together from our home. Fun.
Now if only I can finish a baby quilt before January! Hmmm...we'll see.
I have a color scheme in mind...just have to put it all together.
AND...there is enough of the cute vintage-y yellow flower print to make some curtains for the girls' new room when we move in...which is coming up surprisingly fast. Hopefully by CHRISTMAS!!