Oct 28, 2010

One Down, One to Go.

Much later, than I had anticipated, but it's done.  And I'm pleased with how it turned out.

I love it because 4 of the 5 fabrics involved were pieces from other things:
1) the little yellow flower print, given to me by my mom-in-law
2) the off-white fabric, left over from Malia's quilt
3) the big flower print, left from a $4 sheet set I got from a second-hand store
4) the back of the quilt, a sheet whose fitted partner got a hole, rendering it unusable

I bought a yard and a half of the striped print to go along with it.  So it truly is pieces put together from our home.  Fun.

Now if only I can finish a baby quilt before January!  Hmmm...we'll see.
I have a color scheme in mind...just have to put it all together.

AND...there is enough of the cute vintage-y yellow flower print to make some curtains for the girls' new room when we move in...which is coming up surprisingly fast.  Hopefully by CHRISTMAS!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Super-cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Erika!! You are so good. Do you have your fabrics bought for the newest little one yet? If not, you could always check out my sister's etsy site- did you know she sells fabrics?? There is a link to FancyPants Fabric on my blog (just under the list of blogs we read). Happy quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Good luck with the crafting as you get ready for baby! Guess it's coming quick!

    ReplyDelete