Dec 28, 2010

6 Days From Moving...

Six days from moving!

Though I've thought very little about actually living in this house (it's been more of a far-off idea or a construction zone), I'm so happy to be nearing that stage.  The more the end pieces come together, the more I'm starting to envision little girls running around, hubbub in the kitchen (always a favorite room in our house), people coming and going from the front door, and the joys and chaos of a newborn.

Remember that mantle piece?  I finally have a picture of the finished product, though it has been installed for quite some time now.  I'm so pleased with it and so thankful to my Uncle for his craftsmanship!

Here are some shots of where we are at six days out:
With the fireplace at my back, this is the view of the living area, dining area, and kitchen.

This is the cute hubby working in the kitchen. :)  He has worked his batooties off.  I sure love this man.  I don't know many people that could pull off what he's done.
Oh yeah, and a close up our countertops, cabinets, etc.

The kitchen island is under there somewhere...

The built-in desk off the kitchen.  The door just beyond it is the pantry.

"These are a few of my favorite things..." (Imagine me signing this like Julie Andrews, twirling around, with a big grin on my face and my hands in the air.)  That's what I want to do when I think about the pantry.

The entryway from the front door.
Stairs to the basement.

Aliza's room.

Malia's and Josie's room.

Our room.

Hall bath.
(There is the 37-week baby belly in the mirror.)

Safe room/Cellar.

Six days from now is Jan. 3rd.  
If anyone wants to move some things...you'll find us at 6213 Tumbleweed Terrace.  Meals provided. :)

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. AH!!! That is so so exciting!!!! =D I wish I could help, but I will be on bed rest... I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome Erika, I'm loving all of the finishes you chose! AND... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fireplace mantle. Can't wait to see it in person. :) Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! house pictures! looks great. it was fun hanging out with you yesterday, even if only for little while. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you picked out is BEAUTIFUL!! Hope the move goes well... looks like a house that will hold many fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting! Let me just say I have major pantry entry right now! That will be SO nice for your growing family. I also love the color of your kitchen cabinets! So excited you guys are almost in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and by entry I meant envy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You've come a long way baby!" I'm so excited for your whole family and am praying He puts the last final touches together. Can't wait to hang out in it with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! It's so great to see the almost finished project! Sure wish I could be there to help you move in. :) Congrats on a beautiful home...and praying that God will fill it with years of wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pantry is A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!!!!!!!
    I am also green with envy and think after 31 years of marriage I should get one too! WOW!!
    Thanks for the wonderful engagement pics and blessings on the move into your new home and future memories made together.....
    Jane (Kimberly's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've moved! Can't wait to see more pics after the dust has settled! So happy for you guys and all your big changes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erica...I LOVE your kitchen cabinets! Are the top one's painted or just a really cool stain? Your home looks so inviting and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete