Mar 16, 2011

New Thing.

I've been sooo into breakfast lately...craving baked things in the morning, searching on sites like this that have enticing pictures and a variety of different foods, asking Nate every evening "what should we make for breakfast tomorrow?" with bright eyes and a big grin....to which he usually replies "We don't have time to make something new.  We already hardly see each other in the morning."

He's really right.

Probably one of the reasons I'm dreaming about breakfast is because Mr. Sapp and I just started Operation Sapps-Get-Thin. :)  We're not hard-core or anything (I'm still nursing) but we're trying to make sure we each get some regular exercise, eat reasonable portions, and we're moving to a "dessert-every-other-day" rule.

Now, I could eat sugar all day.  Like, I think I could eat a whole box of Little Debbies in one sitting if left to my own devices.  Yeah, I'm that kind of sweets person.  So on the off days, I think I'm starting to dream about the next days food.  Hmm.  Probably evidence of an unhealthy habit.

So, like I said....Operation-Sapps-Get-Thin.  The name is more funny than accurate.  We really just want to be more healthy in some areas, which will most likely lead to the expulsion of extra poundage.

And back to my blog post...our new favorite breakfast.  My friend Amanda posted about this a while back.  She is the reason I tried it.  It was a huge hit with the whole family.  Everyone wants seconds whenever I make it.

Then last night, in my dreaming-about-breakfast state, I decided to find a "make-ahead" version of this to make it go faster in the morning.  I found one and prepared it and baked it this morning.  It was delicious as well!  I think I'll keep both recipes and alternate.  Unfortunately, I just read the recipe off of Nate's computer screen and then shut it.  I hope I can find it again.

This was from this morning.  I think this might be my favorite of the two.
Yummy.  Hearty.  Filling.

I think the next time I make it I'll try substituting honey for the sugar.  If anyone does that, let me know how it turns out.

You really should try this.  Thank you Amanda!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, YUMMY! I can't wait to make this. Wonder if it could be made with steel cut oats? Probably would have to soak them first. I have a ton of honey on hand so maybe I'll make it with honey and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you liked it! It is always a favorite with my family too!

    ReplyDelete