May 5, 2011

And we have butterflies...

And the waiting has ended.
I tell ya, this little project was good for teaching the value of patience and observation.
Something I hadn't anticipated, but I loved!  Incorporating things that help us to slow down and enjoy life at natural pace!
"Mommy this takes a loooong time!"
But oh if you could have seen the excitement on their faces when the first one came out!



All 5 butterflies are now out.
I don't think you can see them all in the picture.

Malia liked to set Josie's book (part of the b-day gift) open to this page after a new butterfly came out.
It had to hang still for 2 hours while his wings dried before he could fly.
This is the page of the book that talked about that.


In other news, we had our last Life Group meal of the semester tonight.
Every Thursday the Worship Team that Nate leads comes over for dinner before they go lead worship at Challenge.

Look at this cutie-patootie couple.
They are gettin' hitched in 16 days!!
These two are pretty special to Nate and I, and the girls too.

On the menu:
Chicken Parmesan. (first time I tried it...found here...of course I changed a few things.)
Homemade rolls.
Nate's amazing green beans.
And because there was debate as to what dessert should be, we just made two!  Makes sense, right??
S'more Bars and Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. (I can thank my brother and sister-in-law for both of those recipes.)

Big meal = Big dishes.



A little "laytime" after dinner.



And a little "playtime" after dinner.
Thank you girls (and guys) for how you love my kiddos so well.
It blesses me.

1 comment:

  1. Just curious about the amazing green beans? It is cheese? I am always looking for a good dress up to green beans......

    ReplyDelete