May 31, 2011

Full House.

We hosted some SPECIAL PEOPLE this weekend.
My parents, siblings, their spouses, and kids.

My cousin got married in town and it was my parents' 35th wedding anniversary.
I love these people.  We had a special time reflecting on their life together and what has been produced out of their marriage.  One of those times I won't forget for awhile.  A time that caused me to be reflective about how God moves and to appreciate what a gift family is.  Certainly, these people (plus Nate) know me in ways that no one else does.

There was also a lot of food.  Because what gathering is complete without good food?


In my family, that usually means homemade ice cream.


The littlest.

The tired-est.

The "monkey" game with Grandma.

A bit of downtime.

And these two were sent on a scavenger hunt through town in which upon finishing they met us at Little Apple Brewery for dinner.  Yum.

Thanks for coming to stay with us!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a GREAT time and well worth all the "to do" lists and preparations! Way to go, Erika!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I'm looking forward to seeing those faces next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! What a great idea!!! And that in the chaotic fullness of it all you were able to get reflective and contemplative . . . I'm challenged! Doesn't look like there's much extra room on that window sill for the littlest (or extra throw pillows for that matter!) Glad you are able to use your home for all that you've dreamed of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special time! Those will be sweet memories for everyone!
    P.S. I love the pic with Blake's finger up his nose...made me chuckle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nanette8:07 PM

    IT WAS PERFECT!!!! I'm still smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your parents! Oh man! I miss your family!

    ReplyDelete