Jun 15, 2011

Butterflies and Mower Rides.

This was a project the girls really enjoyed a couple of days ago:
I drew a butterfly with a sharpie, they painted it in!

Different styles for different girls.

AND...Nate bought a mower today.
I go back and forth with feeling like we shouldn't have spent money on it and being thrilled about it.
No that's not true.  I'm really just thrilled about it.
I just worry what other people will think.
There's the truth.

We got a good deal (Doesn't everybody say that?) on a used one.
Usually with big purchases, there is a lot of back and forth between Nate and I.
He didn't even have to try with this one.
I was in.  I grew up with riders.  Makes me feel like I'm in the country.
(P.S. The dreaded vegetable garden is indeed producing!
I kind of can't believe it.
I don't think the tomato plants will thrive like my last tomato harvest, but they are growing and we've picked 3 small red tomatoes.
And 3 okra.  And our first zucchini is growing.
Watermelon and basil appear to be doing well too.)


Here's to me helping with the mowing!

3 comments:

  1. Big purchases kill me to. Funny that you posted this today, we sold our riding mower today b/c we downsized lawns when we moved. Wish we could have given you a deal:)Miss ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a really hard time with big purchases too. I'm a saver not a spender. But when you have a decent sized lawn (which it looks like you do!) it makes it SO much nicer to have a riding mower. We even bought a little lawn mower wagon to give the children rides in...er..I mean to haul of limbs and stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got a rider....we may need to borrow it the older we get! :-) Good to have one in the family!

    ReplyDelete