Aug 10, 2011

She's 5!

Can my first born really be 5 years old?!
Some days I look at her and think, "You're like a little adult!  When did you change?"

Malia decided a long time ago that she wanted Grandma to make her birthday cake this year, so my Mom had a challenging task -- a butterfly.  She did not disappoint!  Look at this thing!  She"s way more talented with the cakes than I am.

Enjoyed by all.

We're so glad to have a great neighborhood picnic/park/pool area.
Great for times like this.

From Nate and I, she got some flower clips I made, some Frog and Toad and Amelia Bedelia books...

...and a horse ride!
She's been asking to ride a horse for months, so I figured now was the perfect time to try to make that happen.  A woman from our church was kind enough to let us use her space and horses.
Malia wasn't quite sure what to think of it, but she actually did it!  I was so proud!  I could tell there was a little fear mixed with her excitement, but she followed through. :)

Josie enjoyed petting the horses.

And they both enjoyed playing in the barn and in the water.

We are thankful for this compassionate, creative girl!

2 comments:

  1. She did it! What a fun memory for her...her first horse-ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special girl! I'm so proud of her courage and the way she followed through!

    ReplyDelete