Feb 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Here.

 Happy Valentine's Day!
My husband knows me...
Not your traditional roses type of girl.  I love the pink tulips. :)

I knew we would be eating out tonight so I made a light lunch that I've been wanting to try from Pinterest/The Pioneer Woman:  Asian Noodle Salad - yum!

Yesterday and today the older two have been playing out in the SNOW.  Yes, some actual snow!

Yesterday it was the long-awaited debut run of the sled they received from Babu and Gogo for Christmas.  Let's just say they would give it 5 stars.  I think they could have done that all night.  We're thankful our neighbors have some slight hill-age behind their house.

That and Malia could not stop eating the snow.  Huge red cheeks and sparkling eyes, clutching her ball of snow....every time I looked out at her.
 Today it was on to snow angels and such.  And less eating. :)

Speaking of eating, we've been having to do it around the constant flow of craftiness that has hit our home (and kitchen table) in the last two weeks!  I mean, I'm not sure what has happened to me, but it's like I have energy to do every craft project I've been meaning to do in the last year or so.

Something about a pile of scrap fabric is so inspiring to me...

A sneak peek at what the girls and I have been up to...

 See what I mean about lunch happening around the craftiness?

This is my ironing board that's been sitting out in my living room for about a week.  I try to leave room to do some actual ironing with it.  Not for clothes, mind you.  Heaven forbid.  I don't remember the last time I used it for that!  No, I'm using it strictly for sewing projects.

I'll show you some pictures of finished products in a few days.  When the craftiness subsides a bit.

And for all of us this Valentine's Day:
"I have loved you with an everlasting love." ~Jesus

That's quite the love.

4 comments:

  1. Love the sleding...wow, did I see right that the girls went down the hill without Dad? It sure did look like fun! And I can't wait to see what all the craftiness is about...I know it will be good but you have curiosity up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet post! and I am now declaring us the "Non-Ironing generation!" I don't remember the last time I ironed anything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nanette10:14 AM

    This time of year always made me feel "crafty" too. After the holiday busyness, and before the outdoor work. I like the feel of January/February for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been missing your posts. Good to see one and catch up!

    ReplyDelete