May 1, 2012

Every Breath

This song has been really moving to me in the last few days.  As I drove to KC to pick up my Craigslist rug, I cranked this up and actually teared up.  I've heard Nate singing it around the house, so I kind of knew it, but I've loved hearing the whole thing.  I hear that Nate led it at Challenge last week, which I'm pretty sure would have rocked.  He has a great voice for this sort of song.

Anyway...at some point about a week and a half ago (??) I remember having this moment of clarity, truly feeling the horror and dread of what eternity without God would be.  And with equal clarity, knowing how close I came to experiencing it.  How vastly lucky I am to be granted pardon by the Lord of the Universe.  I don't know how to explain it other than my heart was beating and I actually felt like I just barely escaped.  Because of mercy.  I have been grateful to be a child of His.

This song continued that theme of my recent days.  And yesterday I read Hebrews 12:28-29:
"Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping Him with holy fear and awe.  For our God is a devouring fire."

Hope you enjoy the song.

1 comment:

  1. I love this song too! Love your heart.

    ReplyDelete