Sep 6, 2012

You just never know...


...what will come out of the mouths of kids.
It sure makes days fun and interesting.

Tonight, eating a beef roast:

Josie: I want some meat.
The fat is my favorite.
So give me some FAT!

Ha!  We are not afraid of meat in this house, but the fat comment just cracked me up.
Seriously?  I remember as a kid, needing every little sliver cut off.
I still don't like much.

Though, I don't think animal fat is our worst enemy.  In fact....don't tell most of the population, they would think I'm crazy....but I actually think it can be some of most healthful fats.
I'm certainly no expert on our culture's health, but a read through the introduction of Nourishing Traditions did lead to some gradual changes in our food habits.

Interesting read, if you are into that sort of thing.

----------------------------------------------------------

Back to kids' comments...
Josie had another good one during her bath the other night at Grandma's:

Josie (to the tune of some song...forget which one):
Sometimes I lie,
but this time I didn't.
I should get baptized...
I should get baptized.

Hmm.  I'm still not sure what to make out of that one.
Love these little people in my life!

1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh. Dustin loves beef fat too. I always cut it off. :)

    ReplyDelete