Oct 4, 2012

Scotcheroos Perfected.

In my humble opinion.
Do you know what Scotcheroos are?
If not, you've probably had them but just called them "Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats" or something.
That's essentially what they are with chocolate/butterscotch melted on top.
Like this:

Scotcheroos were a stand-by at all of my family gatherings growing up.
Someone had to bring the Scotcheroos.

Now, I love Scotcheroos and make them and serve them often in this home.
But recently I came across a Pinterest recipe that I would call: "Scotcheroos, Perfected".

I left out the salt and changed the cereal to Rice Krispies.

What I like about these is that the cookie is essentially the bottom part of the Scotcheroo, but with a smoother, chewier texture.  And I always ate the chocolate on my Scotcheroos first, leaving the bottom part (the far superior portion) for last.  So I like that the chocolate is left off.
If you wanted to add chocolate, you could use M&M's instead of Reeces.

Anyway.  Scotcheroos perfected.  In my humble opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I often call Scotcheroos my favorite dessert...atleast dessert bar/cookie. I almost made some today, but opted for chocolate/butterscotch chip cookies instead. Will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete