Nov 15, 2012

The Music Man at McCain


Last weekend, K-State students performed one of my very favorite musicals - The Music Man.
The music in it is so fun!  Do you love a Barbershop Quartet?  I do.
Nate and I attended the show with two other couples, preceeded by a lovely dinner out (sans kids).
It was pretty wonderful.
They even choreographed the "Wabash" into one of the musical pieces.
And had the K-State marching band lead "76 Trombones".
And as it was a crucial game night, show characters were diligent in updating viewers of the score at different intervals throughout the show.  We got to sit next to the parents of the little 9-yr. old who played Winthrop, who did awesome!

I love this musical.  If you've never seen it, you should.
Here is a short clip of the Meredith Wilson version for your viewing pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. We saw it on Sunday. So fun! I played Amaryllis in the high school production when I was a little girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete