Dec 29, 2012

Wintertime.

I know Winter gets a bad rep, but I so enjoy each season.
Of course there are things that I don't like about each of them...
well, okay, not much to complain about in Spring and Fall.
But Winter has so many benefits.

I time to hunker down and stay warm.  Sleep more. (at least we tend to do that with the increase in dark hours).  Time with extended family.  A different kind of play.  A different kind of work. (no more gardening and preserving.  Now we just eat from the stored up goodness).  More blankets and sweatshirts.  Baked goodness.  Craftiness all around me.  Here is a glimpse of our days, post-snow:

A tub of legos can do wonders with a small crowd. :)

In this busy time, I keep reminding myself that it is privilege to be a servant of the King,
and a joy to have people that I care for and work for.
When I can settle in there, I find that sacrifice and activity are remarkably pleasant!
Hope you are seeing all you have to be grateful for this holiday season.

Pictures of our Christmas time to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment