Feb 25, 2013

Boy Projects

The quilt is finished!
Sniff.  Sniff.  No more baby quilts to make for this family. :(
I had fun sewing (and ripping out, and re-sewing) this last one.
But it was the FIRST boy themed one.  

Oh, do I have projects in mind for this little guy's room. :)  The duck fabric in the quilt (see top picture) has some coordinating fabric that I plan to use to make wall hangings of some sort.  It has little embroidered-looking ducks, trains, etc. on it.  I love it.

The previous bedding set that my sweet sister-in-law and I made together when Malia was born is all flowers.  So...I'm planning to make a simple crib skirt from these sheets that were either given to us or have holes in them.

The white will be the skirt fabric.  The green will be used, but not seen (under the mattress).  The rest on top of the stack is just the leftovers from the quilt. (not used for the crib skirt)

I got this at the thrift store to convert into a picture for his wall.  It will look nothing like this!  

But hopefully, something like this: (found on pinterest)
Modge podge newpaper to canvas. Stick on letters. Paint over. Peel off letters.

Also, I have a couple of things in mind for moving miss Lizy Belle into the big girl room she will share with her sisters.

Remember at Malia's birthday, when I made the kids a personalized pillowcase?

I think Aliza needs one to match. :)  And I happen to have one extra pillowcase from that project.

I was also never quite satisfied with the binding on her baby quilt.  Sloppy job on my part.  
I should have enough of the white sheet leftover from the crib skirt to use to re-bind it her quilt.
I will feel much better after that.

So there are the projects I have in mind for now!

2 comments:

  1. I love the quilt!!! So proud of you. You did a great job. I'm excited to show you my quilting squares for a fun quilt (way down the road). Have fun crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are busy with all of your "projects". Can't wait to see it all finished and ready for the little guy!

    ReplyDelete