Feb 22, 2013

Snow Day

K-State cancelled classes yesterday and closed several buildings.
Thus, Nate's typically very full Thursday, became wide open!

We enjoyed the day together with some Go Ape,

lots of reading,

I finished my 1,000 gifts list I started close to two years ago.
Isn't it weird that I finished #1,000 on the bottom of the last page of the journal??
(I've rounded up several pages of scrap paper to make another journal and keep going.)

There was some venturing outdoors as Daddy shoveled the driveway.
Red cheeks, hands and feet settled close to the fire for awhile after returning inside.

Some chicken and pesto pizza served as our lunch and dinner.
It made the house smell good.

I also spend much time sitting and ripping out part of the little guy's quilt.  It's so close to being done!
But machine quilting is HARD.

I've been so blessed on the previous baby quilts to either have my Grandma and her sister quilt them by hand, or I've used a friend's machine quilter.

This is one of the few times I've attempted machine quilting with a regular sewing machine.
I'm just not very good at it.  But I still love making quilts.  And it is turning out just fine.
I keep telling myself that handmade items with mistakes make them unique and special just to our home!
And they tell our family's story.

I have other projects in my mind for this guy's room, too.
Someday there will be a project post.


Hope you all are enjoying the end of winter!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your day was fun! Love the red cheeks, hands and lips! I'm sure that quilt will be perfect! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your quilt! And I love your #999th gift!

    ReplyDelete