Jul 29, 2013

Stateside time 2.

Jenni and Austin and family were with us from Friday afternoon until yesterday afternoon, with Babu and Gogo joining us on Saturday.  What a treat to have the 8 cousins together again.

The oldest 4:

The oldest and the youngest:

We had grand plans to celebrate Ethan's and Malia's birthdays on Saturday.  Alas, the rains fell, and all of our fun outdoor ideas were thwarted.  But fun was still had.  Malia was thrilled about her new bike helmet.  She even took a brief spin over to a friends house with Dad in between rains.

The BLT picnic moved indoors.

And all the kids made the birthday banner together.  I love the diverse creativity displayed in it.
 These brief times with their family is a gift!  Thanks for coming to stay with us!

And so today, another rainy day (which I am not complaining about btw...I love rainy days), I decided that I would not do much.  Now, my "not doing much" looks very different than it did when I was first married.  4 kids in, it is still quite active.  But fun and refreshing, nonetheless.  I just have to look at it from a different angle. 

Malia made a list of things she wanted to do today:

Lunch was in the fort too.  Except for Daddy's peanut cracking lesson afterwards.

Ezra slept from 10:30 last night until 6:00 this morning.  Go kid go!

Working on her notebook for Ezra.

I love the shirts the girls made last week at Soccer Camp with Dad and their friends.

Okay, I'm off to do more of "not doing much".  I think next is baking the banana bread.
I might see if I can convince her to change it to chocolate chip cookies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment