Sep 20, 2014

Changing of Days

I love the change of seasons and all the anticipation and hope it brings for new things.  I especially love fall.  Who can't??  The beginning of this Fall Semester has been especially trying for me at times.  There are days where I feel full and alive, and days where I feel buried beneath the "growing list of undone things" that heap up and weigh on my mind.  I try to sluff it off.  Try to think about Truth above the demands that surround me.  Some days, I meet God there, some days I get distracted first.  But it is serving as a regular, very real reminder of my need of Jesus every moment.  Oh how I long to instinctively lean into Him when I feel overwhelmed!  And I am learning, but I definitely have space to grow.  Learning how to lean into Him when I feel like I can't even think for myself is challenging.  But I know there is GREAT richness and fullness that awaits me when I meet Him.  God has used Isaiah 64 to remind me of this:

"Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down,
that the mountains would tremble before you!...
For when you did awesome things that we did not expect,
you came down, and the mountains trembled before you.
Since ancient times no one has heard,
no ear has perceived,
no eye has seen any God besides you,
who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.
You come to the help of those who gladly do right,
who remember your ways."

I am thankful for the reminder that there has never been any one/thing who acts on my behalf like God does.  I want to live my days eagerly waiting for Him to do things that I could not expect!

On with some pictures of the change of seasons for us:

A small group of friends have been doing some Science related activities together this Fall.  During this zoo trip, the kids kept their clipboards with them, classifying into groups the animals we saw as we went along.

A group project that followed: making a chart depicting some of the information they gathered.

2 comments:

  1. Are those her original songs? What a joy to hear children worship! I love your Son and watching him and Nate share laughs is precious. I miss you guys terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the videos first on Google, but still enjoy them the 2nd and 3rd times. What fun to watch the discovery happening through all of their senses. Oh, the joy of a child! Thanks for all you do to cultivate that joy!

    ReplyDelete