Jan 18, 2018

Grandma Farwell's 90th Birthday!

My dear Grandma turned 90 just before Christmas this past year.  I have so many wonderful memories of getting together with cousins at her house, biking the quarter mile down the highway to play cards with her and get a chocolate chip cookie from the deep freeze.  I still have that recipe, and it is unique to any other chocolate chip cookie recipe I have tasted.  I can still taste it in my memory.  I consider myself incredibly lucky to grow up near both sets of grandparents.  For her birthday, all but one of my cousins, and every single great-grandchild, was able to make it back to celebrate with her!

The original family (minus Grandpa, who is in the nursing home):
 with their spouses:
 Grandma with her grandkids (minus the one):
 ...and with her great-grandkids.  I'm sure there are more to come, but she already has a full quiver. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment